All of you wanted information about publishing your work. On Wednesday, we'll discuss:
* Elements of a cover letter/poet's bio
* Online submission software like Submittable
* Tracking of your submissions
* Choosing which poems to submit
* Analyzing a publication to see if it's a good fit for your work
* Sources to find new publications
Most publications accept up to 5 poems per submission. So start a folder (a real one or one on your computer), and put all the poems you've written that you like into that folder. Keep them current. Poems you wrote years ago in high school are probably pretty stale. Hopefully this class will give you some ideas for new poems—that's our goal: writing new work that surprises even you, the author.
Then let's pick a future session to bring in our folders and get some feedback on which poems to submit to which publication.
BTW when I use the word "publication," I mean both print and online.
See you Wednesday!